Tiffen Community

Tiffen Community (http://www.tiffen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback (http://www.tiffen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   F6 colors (http://www.tiffen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=970)

peaceridge 07-27-2011 01:47 PM

F6 colors

I'm getting ready to buy the F6. It seems that at one time it came in blue? Any possibility that might return?

Also, I really like the Ruggedwear. However, I just do not like the white/sand strap. I show dogs and I can just imagine the dirt that is going to collect on it at a show.

Any chance of a different colored strap - or, for that matter, a different color in the Ruggedwear? Heres voting for blue!

Lyn

admin 07-27-2011 04:19 PM

Hi Lyn,
Sorry, blue has been discontinued with no current plan for its return. We will keep your blue vote in mind.

Andrea

peaceridge 07-28-2011 03:55 PM

Thanks. I've located one of the few remaining blue ones - through Amazon, so it should be legitimate.

I'll keep an eye on your site and if you ever offer a Ruggedware one without the sand/white straps, I'll be first in line!

Lyn

dafiryde 10-11-2011 06:36 PM

[QUOTE=peaceridge;3008]Thanks. I've located one of the few remaining blue ones - through Amazon, so it should be legitimate.

I'll keep an eye on your site and if you ever offer a Ruggedware one without the sand/white straps, I'll be first in line!

Lyn[/QUOTE]

FWIW when the sand/white straps get a little soiled it actually adds some character to the rugged wear bag. :)

Dave
Nikontrini

88Blades 10-14-2011 12:19 AM

Hello! Just a new here. Can I ask here what is that F6 for? How to use that?

peaceridge 10-14-2011 06:54 AM

[QUOTE=88Blades;3131]Hello! Just a new here. Can I ask here what is that F6 for? How to use that?[/QUOTE]

I have an Olympus m43 camera (E-PL2), 2 extra lenses, various filters, batteries and charger, etc and still have room for another lens when I get one. All fit nicely in my F6 without having to stack one thing on top of another - yes, I could use a smaller bag, but then I'd have to dig through to find things. I love my F6 and find it a perfect size for me!

dafiryde 10-14-2011 06:04 PM

i too have a thing for my f6, to give an idea what can fit in it comfortably
Nikon d300s with grip and 17-55 mounted, on one end, just below the grip has room for lens cleaning liquid and cloths and card holder.
nikon 70-300 lying back to front just below 17-55 lens.
nikon 900 flash and sigma 8-16 on the other end standing.
its super comfortable with the Domke backpack strap.
mine is olive green that was washed with liquid detergent and some bleach,
resulting in a washed out green look and the straps turned a browish green.
an f6 with real character :D

Dave
Nikontrini

peaceridge 10-14-2011 07:07 PM

[QUOTE=dafiryde;3133]
mine is olive green that was washed with liquid detergent and some bleach,
resulting in a washed out green look and the straps turned a browish green.
an f6 with real character :D

Dave
Nikontrini[/QUOTE]

I have a blue one and was thinking about washing it with the detergent and bleach - does that take away any water resistance? Did you spray it with waterproofing after?

Lyn

dafiryde 10-14-2011 10:28 PM

3 m has a scotch guard spray can, scotch guarding frabic repells water and stains, it does a good job, true i never deliberately stood up in rain to see how efective it is but it makes me feel a bit safer with it on.
I have heard of some users using a waterpepellant spray that can be found in sporting good stores that are cheaper but i prefer to use brand name products and 3 m is a reputable company.
BTW how blue is your f6 ,never seen it in that colour?

Dave
Nikontrini

peaceridge 10-15-2011 06:11 AM

[QUOTE=dafiryde;3135]
BTW how blue is your f6 ,never seen it in that colour?

Dave
Nikontrini[/QUOTE]

It is a rich, navy blue. Really nice. I'm not sure what color it will be once I wash it, hopefully a well-used rugged look.

Lyn