Go Back   Tiffen Community > Domke Bags and Accessories > On Location

Old 02-20-2009, 02:05 AM
Arnaud

I did'nt knew that the offer was sand and brown from the beggining.
I started my career with a sand F2 (at the time of 'Under fire' movie) but now want to choose between black and sand for another one (I feel my F1 too big for non overseas assignements). That's the reason I ask for your personnal preference.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:07 AM
Shyam

although the black bag makes it harder to find stuff sometimes... the simple fix would be to add a liner to the insides off the bag.

I used a piece of orange plastic and cut it to the right size to line the inside of the bag so everything remains perfectly visible in low light conditions too..

Old 11-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Trius

Jim,

I just joined a bit ago. First, I appreciate the forum and your participation. While I am now a "former pro", I now have more fun (!) and part of that fun is having Domke bags ... seriously. They work really well, and I am a BIG believer in canvas for all the reasons you stated. I have an F6 and F5X-B in sand always liked lighter colours due to it being less of a heat sink, and I don't think my F6 or F5X-B show dust badly. In fact I have a white car precisely because not only is it cooler in summer, but it hides dirt WAY better than a black or very dark car.

Another proponent of canvas was Bill Mason, the late dean of canoeing. Even though pack manufacturers gave him packs made with nylon and other synthetics to try, he kept using canvas as his personal choice due to its properties.

Plus, canvas just feels "right".

rather or prefer
Old 11-04-2009, 11:42 PM
dafiryde

Default rather or prefer

i am no pro, but i have changed bags as fast as i have changed underwear.
no matter what i rather, or which i prefer., i end up with that Domke canvas bag. its not big, bulky, fat, long, ugly, heavy.
my preference is the F3x, starts out big, and empty, i fill it up with my gear, give it a pat on top, a pat on the side, and a pat in front. it becomes small, slim, light and comfortable.

i saw on DP review that Kata has a competition for photographers to design a perfect bag, so i submitted the Domke F3X ruggedwear :D

Dave

Old 11-30-2009, 01:20 PM

On the F2? They probably could, but you might find them too deep to be convenient once you'd removed the first few.

Tags
canvas, duck, leather, nylon