Go Back   Tiffen Community > Domke Bags and Accessories > Feedback

Old 04-03-2010, 03:46 AM
Arnaud

I bought a travel universal pad in a Saturn. Very good and versatile.
name is Stressless C Travail Air.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:00 PM
mathomas

[QUOTE=dafiryde;1491]it must be age. :confused:
all i had in it was a Nikon D90/grip, 17-55 lens, 70-300 lens, 360 flash :eek:
i did not have with me but i own a lowepro flipside and lowepro versapack,
but i like the convenience and draw speed of a F3X.
But i aint going thru that pain again.

can i over come that

Dave
T&T[/QUOTE]

Sell that stuff and go get yourself an M8 and a few Voigtlander/Zeiss/Leica primes. I don't even feel that stuff when I'm carrying it. I have to hold it down to keep it from floating away.

(ducking and running :))

Seriously, though, another thing to try (maybe after the post office pad) is a wider strap that "gives" a little. I use with my Canon 30D + giant lenses, and it really helps a lot. Makes the behemoth feel a lot lighter. I think it's an Op-Tech, and they may make them for bags, as well.

If I'm carrying a full-on kit of SLR stuff (30D, 70-200L, 150 f/2.8, 50 f/1.4), I found it helpful to use a combo of belt strap + shoulder strap. It spreads out the weight a bit.

Good luck...

Old 11-13-2010, 02:18 PM
dafiryde

well the opportunity arosed once again, but this time i went prepared with the Domke shoulder pad
and am not kidding, that pad made muy gear feel 100 % worst :confused:
i was actually in less agony when i took it off

What about the optech system, can any of you guys give some personal views on this strap, does it really make your gear feel 50% lighter, or is that marketing hype

Dave
T&T

Last edited by dafiryde; 11-13-2010 at 02:20 PM..

Old 11-13-2010, 07:33 PM

Dunno about 50% lighter, but it's as comfortable as you could hope with up to a 1D3 and 300 f/2.8.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:43 PM
dafiryde

thanks will give it a try
my biggest problem is that i find only Domke bags are functionable, and a pleasure to work out of, and maybe instead of using that gripper thingy on the strap they should use a bungie grippie substance :eek:

Dave
T&T

Old 11-16-2010, 04:26 PM
dafiryde

[QUOTE=dafiryde;2201]thanks will give it a try
my biggest problem is that i find only Domke bags are functionable, and a pleasure to work out of, and maybe instead of using that gripper thingy on the strap they should use a bungie grippie substance :eek:

Dave
T&T[/QUOTE]

[B][U]strange scenario[/U][/B]
i hooked up my OP/Tech pro loop camera strap onto my F3x to see if i would feel a difference and strangely it felt extreemly uncomfortable, which is the complete opposite of what i was expecting. :eek: when i walked, i could actually see the bag bouncing up and down slightly due to the bungie style the strap is designed to do, yet on every bounce i could already feel the strap cutting into my shoulder if used for an extended peroid.

f3x
is a jem to work out of

2" strap is more comfortable than the optech system, i always suspected that shock absorbing feature was nothing but marketing hype :

2 " strap is more comfortable than the domke shoulder pad, really, this pad is short , heavy and hard. and worst of all it is the ugliest thing when on your shoulder

a backpack is totally useless, i am amazed of how much is sold. i think most photohogs buys them so that when they reach where they have to go , they can show off how much equipment they have

do i go back to P&S and berid of all this headache or is their a solution out there

Dave
T&T

Old 11-17-2010, 09:04 AM
natper

[QUOTE=dafiryde;2199]well the opportunity arosed once again, but this time i went prepared with the Domke shoulder pad
and am not kidding, that pad made muy gear feel 100 % worst :confused:
i was actually in less agony when i took it off

What about the optech system, can any of you guys give some personal views on this strap, does it really make your gear feel 50% lighter, or is that marketing hype

Dave
T&T[/QUOTE]

Im Curious- did you have it on the right way. Apparently, the fatter side needs to face out, I use to have it the other way, thinking it was to fill in my shoulder. When I reversed it- it worked!

Old 11-18-2010, 08:30 AM
dafiryde

[QUOTE=natper;2214]Im Curious- did you have it on the right way. Apparently, the fatter side needs to face out, I use to have it the other way, thinking it was to fill in my shoulder. When I reversed it- it worked![/QUOTE]

yep fat side out, gave it a try and within 3 hrs i realised the bare strap was more tolerable, more comfortable and much better looking, :D that pad sure is ugly

Dave
T&T

Old 11-19-2010, 02:02 AM
Arnaud

I finaly get rid of the pads. More easy to work without. The weight is just a habit.

Old 11-19-2010, 02:25 PM
dafiryde

I think i might have found the solution.
My usual gear is camera, grip, 2-3 lenses, flash and accessories.
Put one lens and a flash in a seperate pouches that is attached to my pants belt. :cool:
Balance stays in the bag :D
Its amazing how much weight that acessories accounts for, ( extra battery for the camera, extra batteries for the flash, filters, cleaning supplies, shoulder strap etc etc ) which i am sure is equal to the weight of a lens. :eek:
At this point i would do anything to make my F3X more comfortabe as any other type or brand is totally[B] useless[/B]

11/20/10
during some house cleaning today i found my Domke backpack harness, i will carry this with me next time ;)

Dave
T&T

Last edited by dafiryde; 11-20-2010 at 04:42 PM..