Go Back   Tiffen Community > Domke Bags and Accessories > Feedback

Fundamental Design fault or lack of QC with the F-3X
Old 08-23-2009, 10:57 PM
hjbyeo

Default Fundamental Design fault or lack of QC with the F-3X

I just got my F-3x recently (abt a month), and having owned a F-3X (Sand) previously, I can't help but notice that the base cushioning had shrinked!!! :mad:

Just look at the picture below...
[IMG]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_1clkK-kSxGQ/SpIOaiSLc-I/AAAAAAAADvs/oLaLeYV6vzQ/s800/_IGP6392.jpg[/IMG]

You can see that the padding doesn't cover the entire base. I've measured it, and it's almost 2inches less!!

Have filed a case with Support, but it's taking a long time for product manager's feedback. I'll like to find out from anyone owning the F-3X if you ever seen this (see picture) before, or if yours similar.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:35 PM
hjbyeo

Just a favour to the F-3x owners, can you check your base padding and see if it's something like the 1 you see in my picture.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:43 AM
gazkw

just checked mine as well (F3x ruggedwear)... same thing issue as hbyeo - the base padding is insufficient to cover the entire bottom.

this is not so with my J3 where the entire base is covered nicely with padding.

this is very disappointing as domke is marketed as a quality bag, photographers for photographers and yet we see such fundamental design flaws in new products. what happened to the attention to detail on older products?

anyway of getting anyone's attention to get this rectified?

i sure hope domke products are not going downhill...

Old 08-27-2009, 07:49 AM
Andrea

Please contact me directly about this at [email]Arauch@tiffen.com[/email].

Old 01-05-2010, 05:30 AM
JulietteKlonk

You made some good points there.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:01 AM
hjbyeo

The team at Domke, Tiffen had fixed the issue for me. :D

Old 02-23-2010, 09:35 AM
kjohn

[QUOTE=gazkw;940]just checked mine as well (F3x ruggedwear)... same thing issue as hbyeo - the base padding is insufficient to cover the entire bottom.

this is not so with my J3 where the entire base is covered nicely with padding.

this is very disappointing as domke is marketed as a quality bag, photographers for photographers and yet we see such fundamental design flaws in new products. what happened to the attention to detail on older products?

anyway of getting anyone's attention to get this rectified?

i sure hope domke products are not going downhill...[/QUOTE]

Funny you mentioned this... I just checked my F3x and it's exactly the same. The interesting tidbit is that mine is anchored in the middle, so there is about a little less than an inch on both sides exposed. I suppose this explains the mysterious crack on my Nikon SB-800?! However, the base of my J3 is covered nicely with padding as well. Sadly, I am in Thailand and won't be back in the US for a while, so I can't do anything about it any time soon :(

Domke F-3X shrinking padding issue
Old 02-25-2010, 02:39 PM
dkanarek

Default Domke F-3X shrinking padding issue

Based on previous posts I’ve notice that Domke/Tiffen is addressing shrinking padding issue on F-3X bags. I’ve purchased my Domke F-3X bag about a month ago and unfortunately did not find out about this until recently and can not exchange mine. Yesterday I emailed Andrea to see what Domke/Tiffen is doing to rectify this problem and currently waiting for response, until than I'm sorry to say but my Domke is going on a shelf, I just can not risk damaging any of my gear.:(

Old 02-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Andrea

Hi, sorry, I was away at a tradeshow in California and took the red eye back on Tuesday night, so yesterday was a bit foggy for me. I did see your email and if you would just send a picture of the problem I'm more than happy to help you.

Thanks,
Andrea

Old 02-25-2010, 04:52 PM
dkanarek

I'll certainly do that over the weekend, and I'm sorry for rushing you - totally forgot about PMA.;)