Go Back   Tiffen Community > Tripods > Davis & Sanford Tripods

Set up Merlin
Old 09-19-2009, 10:54 PM
Huskpa

Default Set up Merlin

Hi,

I just got the Steadycam Merlin and having great trouble setting up for my camera, which is a Canon 5D mark II with a 17-40mm lens set at it's widest. I have tried cookbook and playing for 2 days with no real luck. Can anyone help with this.

Thanks

Paul

Steadicam Merlin with EOS 5D Mark II
Old 09-21-2009, 10:16 AM

Default Steadicam Merlin with EOS 5D Mark II

Hi Paul, To set up your camera with the Merlin, please copy the link below into your browser and view this video: [url]http://www.tiffen.com/merlin_canon5d_qtmovie.html[/url] Good luck and good shooting, JDS

Old 09-29-2009, 10:45 PM
Huskpa

Many thanks Jason for the link but I am still struggling with it - I get close but no cigar. I will have to keep trying as know one has posted setting for my combination of camera and lens.

It sure is an art to get it right or is it just me?

Thanks again

Steadicam Merlin with EOS 5D Mark II
Old 09-30-2009, 02:25 PM

Default Steadicam Merlin with EOS 5D Mark II

Paul, Sorry you are still having a problem setting up your Canon EOS 5D Mark II with 17-40mm lens on the Steadicam Merlin. This is a relatively new application for this unit and you may rest assured that you are not alone! I thought the video link I sent you on this subject would help, but since you have viewed it and are still stumped, your best bet is to e-mail Harry, our resident Merlin expert, at [email]hhofmann@tiffen.com[/email]. Please be sure to include your e-mail address and telephone number and he will do his best to help you to resolve your issue. Good luck, and best regards, Jason Schneider

Old 10-03-2009, 01:27 AM
Huskpa

Thanks Jason - I have just sent him an email - I will post his answer when it comes.

Many thanks

Paul

Old 11-02-2009, 10:00 PM
Huskpa

It's been many weeks and I have not heard from him and no I have not advanced with this product. To be honest I have been to busy to play with it, Oh well! I have something to do at xmas...

Old 07-05-2010, 11:58 PM
Debora68

I am Debora and I have read your site in a very deep and I would like to appreciate you on this brilliant effort. You have provided some thing so much different that I can't have words for thanks.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:44 AM
jennifermilly

Smile

Blogs are always a main source of getting accurate information and provide you the handy results.you can get instant and reliable information which surely helps you in any field of your concern.your blogs fulfill these requirement and I really appreciate it.keep it up doing good work. i will come back to see more in future as well.best regards

Tags
canon 5d mark ii, steadycam