Go Back   Tiffen Community > Domke Bags and Accessories > Feedback

Is this an old design?
Old 12-25-2012, 01:38 AM
Carterly

Default Is this an old design?

I was just wondering if anyone realized that there is a slight change in the F-2 Sand Colour.

Looking through some of the websites, i realized the lining of the cover flap and side pockets of the Sand coloured bag is now the same as the rest of the bag itself, as oppose to being a lighter colour.

Old 12-25-2012, 02:43 PM

There have been changes in the design, but they've been in the size of the pockets, not in the colour of the fabric. My original (very early '80s) F2 has a different (lighter) colour sand than the later Domke bags I've gotten, but the undersides of the flaps have always been the same colour as the body of the bag. The one exception I'll make to that is my second F-805, which had the underside of the main flap, and all the pockets on there, made of nylon taffeta instead of canvas. But it was still about the same colour as the canvas; the sheen might have made it look different. Every other Domke I have has had a canvas underside to the main flap.