Go Back   Tiffen Community > Domke Bags and Accessories > Feedback

f6 inserts
Old 02-27-2011, 03:25 PM

Default f6 inserts

I want to purchase the one and two compartment inserts for my f6 bag, but on checking at B&H and Adorama, they were not listed. Is there a problem?

F6 Inserts
Old 03-02-2011, 03:59 PM

Default F6 Inserts

I've been informed by B&H Photo that the one compartment is no longer being manufactured. That is a shame, Since it is perfect for holding a camera with a prime lens attached and ready for use. Dumb decision!

F6 Inserts
Old 03-07-2011, 04:02 PM

Default F6 Inserts

Well, I just found out from a Tiffen customer service person that the 1 and 2 compartment inserts are now the same since the divider is removable. My bad. It has been a few years since I bought an insert, and I didn't know about the change. I like the new inserts even better due to the inherent flexibility.

Old 03-12-2011, 09:39 PM

:mad:Based on the Tiffen customer service re the 1 and 2 compartment inserts now being combined via a removable divider, I ordered it from B&H Photo. It arrived, and is smaller than the preceding one compartment insert. Believe me, it won't hold most lenses, and with the divider removed, it won't hold my Exakta with a 50mm lens attached (the older 1compartment insert will). Tiffen has succeeded in making the F6 of limited usefulness to me.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:53 AM
Lacks_focus

This very thing happened to me with a 2 compartment insert I ordered from B&H for the F2 / F1x sized bags. Not only was it smaller than the old two compartment insert, it was also smaller (in width) than the newer design (with adjustable panels) Digital insert that I have. I sent mine back for an exchange thinking it may have been a defect. The one I got in exchange was larger, but still a bit smaller than I figured. Works OK though. Like you, that first one I got was really unusable for my needs. It was about 1/2" narrower in width than it should have been. B&H was excellent about the return. They sent a pre-paid shipping label and turnaround for the exchange was very fast.

Last edited by Lacks_focus; 03-15-2011 at 06:55 AM..

Old 03-18-2011, 08:42 AM
Administrator

I hear you loud and clear. Give it a little time and it will be fixed.

Removeable dividers & insert size.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:29 PM
noelh

Default Removeable dividers & insert size.

Thinking about up sizing to a F6. Inserts will be the deciding factor. Couple 216s and one 226 insert would have been a good match for the gear packed. Is there enough room in the 226 insert with the divider removed to place a camera with lens mounted into it that has dimensions ~4" x 5"?

Re: Fix Coming
Old 03-28-2011, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Fix Coming

I was glad to see a post from "administration" saying that our complaints re the F6 inserts had been heard, and that it would be addressed. I suggest that Tiffen do a better job of publicizing changes such as these done on F6 inserts, and others as they happen. For example, the F3X bag was slightly enlarged a while back, but you have to be very attentive to know that. I hope you have decided to resize the F6 inserts to match the size of the old ones.

Old 01-26-2012, 10:11 PM
donair

Good luck on fixing.

f6 in
Old 02-20-2012, 07:01 PM
PatrickOZ

Default f6 in

Ive ordered from inserts from a lady I found on ebay. She is making me some pocket nappies and inserts. The nappies are really funky, made with a zebra pattern material.
Maybe u could email her and order some inserts.
I havent bought any others except the ones I got with my Bumgenius nappies and they are really good. Very absorbent. I know they sell them separately if u want to buy them. I bought mine from Nurture Nappies online.