THE FEATURES YOU NEED TODAY.
THE FLEXIBILITY YOU NEED TOMORROW.
STEADICAM INTRODUCES ITS FIRST MODULAR PROFESSIONAL SLED, FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE CATERING TO YOUR SPECIFIC OPERATING NEEDS! BUILD TODAY – ADD TOMORROW: THE M-1 EVOLVES WITH YOU.
The Steadicam® M-1 is a modular camera stabilizer designed specifically for HD broadcast, feature film, and all demanding camera operating requirements.
The highly adaptive and open architecture of the Steadicam M-1 allows for extreme system configuration and quickly accommodates industry standard cameras and accessories.
The core of the Steadicam M-1 is built around rigid, all-aluminum base and stage frames; high modulus of rigidity and indexed carbon fiber telescopic posts; and an ultra-high precision gimbal.
A small fraction of the many features that come standard on the new Steadicam M-1 are three true HD lines, multiple high-amperage power ports top and bottom, and a vernier adjustable tilthead.
The new M-1 stage is built around high load, precision ways with center drives for superior rigidity and smooth balance adjustment. The entire stage can be easily removed from the central post system for cleaning or repairs.
• Superior rigidity and smooth
• Drop-in secure camera balance adjustment mounting system
• Industry standard, 15mm diameter
• Low vertical pole for optimal rod x 60mm spacing for accessory mounting gimbal placement
• Vernier drive tilthead
• Heavy duty no-ex dovetail plate
• Rigid aluminum construction
• Modular exibility
• Multiple high amperage power ports
• Easy serviceability
• Easily adjustable dovetail clamp with
• Precision ground stainless security lock guide rails
• Standard Tally systems interconnect
The M-1 gimbal is precisely balanced to allow ultra-smooth operation. A Ø2.15 inch grip, accompanied by its low profile over-center post clamp is ergonomically optimal and offers a high standard workflow efficiency. The M-1 gimbal is field-serviceable for easy cleaning and maintenance.
• Low profile quick release
• Removable/interchangeable gimbal clamp gimbal handle
• Precise rigid design
• Simple field serviceability
• Ultra smooth bearings
THE MONITOR MOUNT
• All M-1 supplied monitors are custom mounted to precisely locate their CG
• Many standard and user-supplied options to choose from
• Utilizes industry standard threaded 15mm diameter rods
• Signature quick release monitor rod clamp system
• Unique monitor pivot mechanism
• Rapid release rod safety stops
• Indexed multi-post adaptability
• Extreme mounting possibilities
• Laser etched graduated position
• Smooth glide rod guides markings
Two indexed posts are standard with the M-1. With a compacted length of 26 inches and extended length of 41 inches, the new M-1 post design allows for maximum extendability. Interchanging of posts or removing of posts for gimbal service is simple and easy.
• Rigid high modulus carbon fiber construction
• Unique precision posts with integral post to post index
• Post and user friendly docking ring
• High amperage 14AWG power wiring
• Low profile quick release post clamp
• High flex/high life post wiring
• Patented cable management system
• Propriety connector interface system
• True 75-ohm coax video cable integration
THE BASE AND BATTERY MOUNT
The M-1’s low vertical profile maximizes each post length for the greatest extension of sled length. This gives the operator the maximum flexibility to position the monitor and the gimbal where needed, and in long modes, enables extra high or low lens height.
• Extreme low profile for maximum height adjustability
• Universal ¼-20 base cheese plate for accessory mounting
• Narrow design for unobtrusive use
• Dual 12/24 LED power indicators
• Smooth glide rod guides
• Extreme battery position capability
• Dual 12V D-Taps
• Easy access 12/24V switching
• Max Camera and Accessory Weight (*): 48 lb/22 kg
• Sled Length: 26-41 in/66-104 cm
• HD Compatible: Standard
• 24V Ready Wiring: Standard
• Tilthead: Standard
• VL-Mount Battery Adapter: Option
• AB-Mount Battery Adapter: Option
• Tally System: Standard
(*) = Configuration dependent
Standard = Feature or Accessory is integral to product
Option = Feature or Accessory can be ordered via the product order code
Specifications subject to change without notice.
THE G-70X ARM – Performance and Durability Backed by the Best Arm Warranty in the Business.
The G-70x is the third release of Tiffen’s G-Series arms. The revolutionary, patented Geo spring geometry optimizes performance throughout its lifting range. It tames high/low arm travel with adjustable-length crankshafts that dynamically rock the spring termination as the arm is boomed up or down. Powered by coaxial titanium spring sets, the G-70x arm smoothly carries any load from 13 to 70 pounds (5.8 to 32 kg). The all new bearing performance enhancements on the G-70x arm makes even the slowest camera moves ultra smooth.
The design criteria for the G-70x arm:
Light weight (10.8 lbs / 4.9 kg), user maintainable, and a 29 inch (73 cm) boom range. It has soft bumpers at each end of travel so the arm can be boomed right to its limits without shot-disturbing clunks. The G-70x also has a Ride control that adjusts the iso-elastic™ response of the arm.
G-70x innovations include:
Arm posts are locked in place by a single lever, so switching arm posts is quick and easy. Actually, all parameters are user adjustable. This quick-change mechanism also has an adjustable drag for the post’s rotation, from completely free to totally locked. At the socket block end of the arm is the, “kick back” link, which gets the arm further out of the way as the sled crosses the operator’s body, and keeps the arm from banging against the stops in normal operation. Increased structural strength, improved geometry, tough type III hard anodize on the main arm components, and sturdy component design helps provide years of lasting durability.
The net result:
The smoothest, best performing durable arm ever built!
Unparalleled service and support
The new G-70x arm comes with an industry surpassing standard 3-year full parts and labor warranty that includes all components including springs and socket blocks. The transferrable standard warranty also includes one complimentary factory tune-up to insure your arm is performing at its best.
- 70 lb. (32kg) lifting capacity
- 29 in. (73cm) boom range
- Performance Adjustable
- Smooth Operating
- Innovative Design
- Backed by an industry surpassing 3-year warranty
THE STEADICAM FAWCETT EXOVEST – a Radical New concept in Steadicam Support
The Steadicam Fawcett Exovest™ is a semi-rigid exoskeletal vest that transfers the weight and torque of supporting a Steadicam system into anatomically appropriate areas, without interfering with natural movement.
Primary weight transfer is to the pelvis via four pads ergonomically placed around the waistband, and primary torque transfer is via a pad system at the upper back. Lower pads avoid compressing the abdomen in front, and the base of the spine in back. Upper pads avoid compressing the neck, shoulder joint, shoulder blades, and spine.
Crucially, the absence of chest straps allows for unrestricted breathing and arm movement. Pad systems are connected by rigid sliding components, and tightened by double and triple-purchase straps for precise fit under load, so weight-bearing characteristics can be fine-tuned on the fly.
The exemplary rigidity of the outer structure extends the torque-resisting lever-arm from mid-back (on existing vests) to high-shoulder level—halving the force required to counterbalance a Steadicam rig.
Symmetrical twin-rod spars, rising fore and aft from the waistband, increase vertical range of the socket block and uniquely, permit both front and rear arm mounting. Four integral pivots allow the vest to conform to natural body movements. The rise and fall of the hips as weight is shifted from one leg to the other is accommodated by a lower pivot system, so the socket block remains level, and at the same height when walking—resulting in less muscular strain, and better overall stability and balance.
The upper system allows free movement of the shoulders. The resultant feel is of increased lightness and control. Between takes, the entire vest may be relaxed by means of one over-center lever, as the upper pad system beds in only under load.
Compared to conventional vests, the Fawcett Exovest™ is lighter and less constrictive—allowing for better respiration, circulation, transpiration, and movement and is especially comfortable for female operators.
Chris Fawcett operates and teaches Steadicam® worldwide and has extensively studied the physiology of human weight-bearing appliances. He is the author of Steadicam® Posture.
The Fawcett Exovest comes with a standard three year parts and labor warranty, backed by the industry pioneers and leaders in camera stabilization.