Vector Star Screw-In Filter
The Vector Star Effect Filter from Tiffen creates multiple points of light, or "stars," streaking outward from a central light source. This filter comes in a rotating mount for critical placement of the star effect.
Star Filters create multiple points of light, or "stars," streaking outward from a central light source. These filters come in a rotating mount for critical placement of the star effect. Wedding photographers will especially appreciate the value of this filter. When it comes to special effects shots, why not offer your client a table shot of the menu or invitation next to a glowing, star-filled candle? Shooting at night? Make that street lamp take on a different, more dramatic appearance by using the star filter. Any point light source will achieve the effect.
Tiffen's ColorCore glass is produced through a process that entails permanently laminating the filter material in between two pieces of optical glass that are ground flat to tolerances of a ten-thousandth of an inch, then mounting them in precision aluminum rings.
- The effect is produced by a series of thin lines etched into the flat optical surface of a clear filter
- Exciting and dazzling star effects generated from original point or reflected light sources with the added glitter and sparkle of these exclusive, natural looking asymmetrical designs and shapes
- Great for water scenes, candle flames, street lights, and more
- Tiffen offers 4, 6, and 8 point symmetrical star effects as well as additional asymmetrical star patterns through their exclusive Hollywood FX Series (North, Hyper, Vector and Hollywood star effects)
- Tiffen's ColorCore glass is sealed between two optical glass sheets. In this way, Tiffen can better control the various densities of their filters and thereby create more exact degrees of filtration. This process makes for greater accuracy of color as opposed to glass that is simply dyed and become subject to deviation during the dye process
- The ColorCore process allows Tiffen to control the color and density of their filters, and the characteristics of special effects filters with much greater accuracy than typical dyed-in-the-mass filters, which usually exhibit color and density variations
- Top Hollywood motion picture studios rely on Tiffen filters for their multimillion-dollar productions Superior quality and design make Tiffen the overwhelming choice of moviemakers, professional photographers and even NASA
- Tiffen has also been awarded an Emmy, from the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, for its engineering excellence
- Tiffen, a leader in the filter industry, proudly makes its filters in the USA and backs up its products with a solid 10-year warranty