With its high intensity #2 reflector and prismatic glass, the tiny, focusable Lowel ViP Pro-Light is more efficient than a mini-Fresnel of equal wattage, yet it gives an exquisite, even light, with Fresnel-like shadow quality. It can be used as a low-level key or accent light, fill light (with diffusion), or backlight.
In addition to a wide variety of customizing accessories, its versatility can be increased by switching its 12' AC cable for an optional DC adapter cable and swapping its bulb for use as a camera-top fixture. Other bulbs, and plug adapters are available. When fitted with an FVL 200 watt bulb (available separately), the Pro-Light will emit a beam of 23 footcandles at full flood and 143 footcandles at full spot from a distance of 10' (3 m). With a GCC 100W lamp at 12 VDC: 12 footcandles in flood and 58 footcandles in spot.
- Focus Flood
- Change the setting from "spot" to "flood" position or anywhere in between by turning knob on side of unit.
- Has a focus range of 6:1 with optional lamp.
- Easy Access
- The front end comes off for easy access for no-tool lamp change.
- Multi-Use Source
- Substituting the prismatic glass for the optional clear glass turns light into a non-focusing, high intensity spotlight, for long throw situations.
- Choose your bulb for 120 VAC or 12 or 30 VDC.