The Tiffen Digital HT ND Filter is a solid neutral density filter providing a 4-stop exposure. This 1.2 density creates a darkening of the entire image, allowing you to photograph with a wider aperture or slower shutter speed than normally required. By increasing your aperture or slowing your exposure time, you are able to control depth of field and convey movement more easily. Neutral density filters do not affect the coloration of the image and are ideal for pairing with other filters.
The Digital HT coating is a high-transmission multi-coating that surpasses military specifications for hardness and durability. This optical purity combined with high scratch resistance results in an easy-to-clean filter with superb imaging quality. This filter also features low-profile titanium filter rings for increased strength and vignetting reduction.
- 1.2 ND filter darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required.
- Providing a 4-stop exposure reduction, this filter allows you to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
- Filter does not affect coloration of the image and is ideal for use with other filters.
- Digital HT multi-coating provides increased strength, durability, and optical clarity for greater light transmission and protection against scratches.
- Tiffen filters are made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between two pieces of optical glass, grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch, then mounting to precision metal rings.